- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 oz ham
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 4 tbsp Pimiento-stuffed green olives (optional)
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- ½ cup capers (optional)
- 2 small potato (peeled cut into 1/4 cubes)
1) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion, green pepper and garlic until the onion is translucent.
2) Ground the beef and ham together (food processor).
3) In a separate pan place meat mixture and add cumin, salt, oregano and garlic powder, brown lightly (then drain).
4) Add the cooked meat to the sautéed mixture and simmer for five minutes on low.
5) Add the rest of the ingredients and continue cooking until meat is tender and completely cooked through. About 20 to 25 minutes.
6) Fry potatoes until golden brown.
7) Serve over white rice and top with potatoes.
Serving Size: 4 to 6
*The secret to Cuban food…come close…(whisper) DON’T RUSH IT! Cuban food needs time to marinate or saute or simmer….whatever you want to call it…just take your time, then enjoy!