This is my all time favorite cookie recipe and I usually only make them around Christmas, so I have decided to call them Christmas Cookies, clever I know!
2 sticks of butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups of self rising flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats (I use quick, uncooked)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup craisins
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 coconut flakes
1. Heat oven to 325 F (dark cookie pan)
2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. In a separate bowl mix together flour and cinnamon.
5. Stir in oats, raisins, craisins, chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut
6. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
The most I can wait is a minute for cooling, then I devour!
ENJOY AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!