Day 11: Thankful for neighbors
Tonight Victoria and I made Oreo Truffles and they are so yummy if I do say so myself! We made these delicious treats for our new neighbors, that just moved into the neighborhood last week. Below is the recipe.
Oreo Truffles (Oreo Cream Cheese Balls)
-16 oz Oreo Package
-8 oz Cream Cheese
-16 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
2. Finely crush the cookies in a blender or food processor.
3. If using a food processor, add the cream cheese in large chunks and pulse a few times to until the candy consistency is that of dough. If you don’t have a food processor, stir together the softened cream cheese and crumbs until the candy is well-mixed.
4.Place the candy in the refrigerator to firm up for about 1 hour.
5. Form 1-inch balls and roll between your hands until they are round. Place the candies on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate them while you prepare the dipping chocolate.
6. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 15 to 30 seconds. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly, but do not let it harden.
7. Dip the candy balls in the melted chocolate and place on the parchment sheet.
8. Refrigerate them for another hour before devouring them!